Reporting Initiative Progress and Timeline
From Reporting Wiki
Revision as of 17:47, 6 June 2009 by Cekahn
- RSNA convened a workshop to plan the future of radiology reporting. More than 50 radiologists, medical informatics specialists, and representatives of cardiology, oncology, and pathology participate. Consensus was reached on a global template for diagnostic radiology reports, including standardized radiology report headings.
- In conjunction with the RSNA Quality Improvement Committee, developed a standardized template for documenting communication of critical test results.
- Formed 11 subcommittees to create templates for specific clinical areas in collaboration with subspecialty professional organizations.
- Held an industry forum for radiology reporting vendors, attended by 20 vendor representatives. Slide presentations from that meeting can be found here.
- Planned availability of a small RSNA library of structured reporting templates, freely available for downloading and use.